from fossil resources to biomass: a business and economics perspective | university courses
From EdX and Delft University of Technology WageningenX
"Explore how to create a sustainable future by moving away from dependence on fossil to biomass resources for the production of food, chemicals, and energy-carriers. The key is using microorganisms and catalysts to create biobased products. In this course, you will focus on the end of the supply chain - - how to market and sell those products within a profitable business model."
Join this course to advance or change your career in sustainable biobased future.
What you'll learn;
- An introduction to biobased sciences
- Achieving sustainability
- Consumer behaviour
- Logistics and supply chains
- Economics and regulations
- Understand the concept and importance of the biobased economy and the value of biobased products;
- Assess sustainability issues for a given biobased case;
- Decide how to implement a consumer point of view during the development of a biobased product;
- Understand commercial, financial and organizational aspects of running a biobased business;
- Understand the complexity of logistics of biobased value chains;
- Identify and qualitatively assess the major economic implications of different kind of regulations for the future of the biobased economy.
"This course is part of the MicroMasters Chemistry and Technology for Sustainability: a series of 3 courses and a final capstone project designed to help you join opportunities and embrace the transition from a fossil-based economy to a biobased economy. It's especially valuable to have (or ambition to have) a career in industries such as: (bio)chemical industry, agrifood water companies, energy producers, logistics, and related (non-)governmental organizations."
Explore the other courses in the MicroMasters programme:
- BIOREFINERY: FROM BIOMASS TO BUILDING BLOCKS OF BIOBASED PRODUCTS; Design new (bio)catalytic conversion routes to use biobased feedstocks to their highest potential
- CATALYTIC CONVERSIONS FOR BIOBASED CHEMICALS AND PRODUCTS; Design new (bio)catalytic conversion routes to use biobased feedstocks to their highest potential
- CAPSTONE; Final project and exam (only available to learners who have obtained a verified certificate in all other courses of the MicroMasters).
- COURSE PRICE $149 USD
- 5 WEEKS
- 20-28 HOURS PER WEEK
- ADVANCED LEVEL
- PREREQUISITES | BSc in technology, engineering (and applied) sciences. You should have at least BSc level knowledge on courses and topics such as chemistry, mathematics and process engineering.